How should I prepare for my session?
Hydration is key! The more water in your body before your session, the more productive your session will be. We also suggest a lite meal beforehand, nothing that will be to heavy.
What are the benefits of an infrared sauna?
An infrared sauna is a type of sauna that uses infrared lamps to warm your body directly, rather than heating the air around you. Some of the benefits of using an infrared sauna are:
- Better sleep: The heat and relaxation of an infrared sauna can help you fall asleep faster and sleep more soundly¹.
- Relaxation: An infrared sauna can help reduce stress and anxiety by activating the parasympathetic nervous system, which calms your body and mind¹.
- Detoxification: An infrared sauna can help you sweat out toxins, such as heavy metals, chemicals and pollutants, that accumulate in your body over time¹³.
- Weight loss: An infrared sauna can help you burn calories and boost your metabolism by increasing your heart rate and blood circulation, similar to moderate exercise¹².
- Relief from sore muscles: An infrared sauna can help ease muscle pain and stiffness by improving blood flow and oxygen delivery to the tissues, as well as reducing inflammation¹².
- Relief from joint pain: An infrared sauna can help alleviate joint pain and arthritis by reducing swelling, inflammation and stiffness, as well as stimulating the production of collagen and synovial fluid¹².
I have a condition, is it safe for me?
Although infrared saunas are safe for most people, if you have any conditions, we recommend you check with your doctor before making an appointment.
How long can I stay in the sauna?
Each appointment is 45 minutes long.
What should I wear?
Whatever you are comfortable in! You will be the only one in the sauna room and can undress to as little as you'd like in the changing area in the room
How hot does the sauna get?
The sauna will be warm when you get in and will warm up to 140 degrees.
What is Chromotherapy?
Chromotherapy is a method of treatment that uses the visible spectrum (colors) of electromagnetic radiation to cure diseases. It is a centuries-old concept used successfully over the years to cure various diseases4.
How many colors do you offer?
At Soma Cura Wellness Center, we offer 6 color choices: Red, Yellow, Green, Cyan, Blue, Violet. Just let our staff which one you would like to choose!
What are the benefits of each color?
(1) Infrared Sauna Benefits: 9 Reasons Saunas Are Good for Your Health. https://www.healthline.com/health/infrared-sauna-benefits.
(2) 6 Benefits of Infrared Sauna Therapy | Amy Myers MD. https://www.amymyersmd.com/article/benefits-infrared-sauna-therapy.
(3) Infrared Saunas: 6 Health Benefits – Cleveland Clinic. https://health.clevelandclinic.org/infrared-sauna-benefits/
(4) A Critical Analysis of Chromotherapy and Its Scientific Evolution. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1297510/